Monday, 8 February 2016

Proposal Draft 1

Introduction

The purpose of this report is to get my pitch across to the audience and sell the ideas to producers to get the film made. When writing up my proposal i want to talk about my ideas and how i have come up with this information about my target audience and that. I watched a few trailers on short horror films and trailers for cinema films, and i discovered that when watching them they all was nearly the same. They all have some sort of paranormal theme to it, or someone was getting murdered or possessed. So for my idea i thought about people in a bar getting drunk and getting spiked and hallucinating in the toilet. Another idea was to find a deserted location and maybe getting a group of friends to do some voodoo or some magic and it goes terribly wrong.
However i also found out that there can be different age ranges if the horror has a different theme to it, like for example


Film Synopsis

My short film consists of:
someone being on facetime to their friend and they see someone behind them when on facetime. They get taken and killed, you just hear screaming.

 Hook- The hook of my short film is when they first getting into a conversation of one of them saying that someone is in the house with them.

Twist- The people who was the murder and the victim end up say they are messaging around.

Tagline- I have a few tagline that i have thought of but i havent choose an offical one yet
'Watch who you bring home'
'If you don't scream you no its over'
'You might think twice before answering facetime'
'Social media is it really what you think'



Film Rating

With looking through my research about horror and thriller films i have come to the conclusion that my horror short film can be rated at a 15 because there is not going to be any gruesome scenes in it, its just going to be really jumpy. I have choose to rate and certify my short film as a 15 because i:t may contain:

  •   strong violence
  •  frequent strong language (e.g. 'f***').
  •   discriminatory language or behaviour
  •   drug taking
I personally think rating my film this is a good choice.

Primary research

When i have done my research for my short film i have looked at some profiles on either YouTube or Facebook and they are showing that more people are into horror films with more a scare to it and less blood and guts, however some people were saying that horror films are getting more boring because more and more that come out are beginning to be very similar such as a possessed house or something to do with a exorcist. People are more interested in thrillers because it creates a lot more suspense, unlike horrors where you know what's happening next.
I found this research on YouTube this shows that thrillers are getting a lot more views then some horrors this is because the generation now are mostly are on the computer watching the latest films. 
However my research shows that I want to do a horror short film, it's mostly because they don't get a bad review and people still watch them, I want mine to be different and catch the audiences attention.


secondary research

My secondary research is I research TV documentrys to do with cyber bullying and different things that happen with modern day social media. I remembered that I watched one on BBC 3 ages ago to do with getting bullied through social media and this girl feeled trapped because she couldn't get away from it. This programme was called 'The Anti Social Network' this actually helped me choose what I wanted to do with my short film. 


summery of all research

My summery of all my research is that I found out that when researching about my target audience is that most of my audience prefer thriller films than horror. I found out this information by looking on IMDB this showed me all reviews and audiences reviews. Also this showed me when I looked for films for my research it gave me other film suggestion so I can watch them as well. 

unique selling point

My unique selling point  would be the that  Sam thinks Laura has actually been killed but it's all a fake. So this may have something to do with the twist as well. I think this would be the unique selling point because it different to other horror films because it's mostly someone gets killed and that's it they are dead, but Laura is still alive when she turns up at Sams door.  

budget

The budget for my short film will be £50-£60 this is because of where I want to film my short film, it will be either in a room or a abandoned building, which makes it abit more scary. However using a room would be for free l, I would just be paying for food, costume, travel. The camera and equipment is for free we can book this out at college, and book it back in when we have finished. However for editing of my film I can use the facilities in college such as the Mac suite.

Regulation and Certification

Most horror or thriller films has the certification of a 15 or 18 nothing under this is because they are not suitable for anyone under the age of 15. They are purely made for over 15 because they are scary and they most likely have gruesome scenes in them. However also strong language,violence scenes. When it comes to the certification of it BBFC deal with this. In order to protect children from unsuitable and even harmful content in films and videos and to give consumers information they might need about a particular film or video before deciding whether or not to view it, the BBFC examines and age rates films and videos before they are released. Ofcom, is the government-approved regulatory and competition authority for the broadcasting, telecommunications and postal industries of the United Kingdom.


Revision development of of ideas/changes

My idea has changed a lot over the past couple of weeks this is because when watching different short films and listening to other people ideas, I wanted to change it. However I always kept the idea of using social media in them because I think it's a modern thing using technology and technology evolves around everyone lifestyle, so this may give my short film as a chance to be seen in a short film festival because I'm using modern ideas to entertain the audience.

Locations

My location for my short film is going to be in a room or a abandoned house where it looks more creepy and more real.

Distribution

Now on distributing my short film, my short film is going to be distributed or shown at short films festivals. Short film festivals are where distributors go to look at short films and if they are impressed  they can pick it and promote it in their specific area they are in. . Also gaining the maker some sort of reputation for their artistic work. Also my short film also can be shown on Netflix this is because if it got picked at a film festival, then they can promote it and put it on Netflix.

references and bibliography

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06z68nn

2 comments:

  1. WT Pass
    Corrections:
    "pitch across to the audience" - no it is to investors in your film who will contact you to pitch if the proposal interests them
    To secure the Pass you must compete the missing information
    Incomplete - your idea is minimal- you refer to characters later but I have no idea who they are or what role, what makes this a horror, is it a ghost or zombie or what? What films have influenced this?
    Box office? How do I know this idea will appeal or is based on a successful model?
    Who is the target audience age range and gender - you don't tell me
    What primary research have you done - what did the comments on YouTube say for those short films?
    What is the USP.
    what trends are you tapping into?
    What short film festivals and why?
    Funding?

    This does not SELL the idea to me or guarantee me a market for the be turn on the investment

    For your target grade M2 you st complete the above and... "present a structured and detailed media production report which conveys information and explains conclusions with clarity"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unit 2.3 corrections and reviews written work
    WT M
    "M3 work will have been reviewed and revised using both a grammar and spell checker as well as being individually proof-read. As a result, spelling errors will have been corrected and only minor errors will remain. Work will occasionally contain punctuation and grammatical errors where learners have failed to adequately review their work. "


    To secure the M
    You MUST highlight your spelling and grammar mistakes to show that you have proof read and made changes using a spell checker

    ReplyDelete